How To Donate a Handmade Item:
Mail your item(s) to one of our Official Crochet For Cancer Chapters and we will be sure they are distributed to hospitals and cancer centers on your behalf. Please be sure to follow the guidelines outlined in the video below.
Contact your local oncology office and ask if they would be willing to accept your donation. You are welcome to tag your item(s) with our Free Scripture Tags. Please be sure to follow the guidelines outlined in the video below.
Chemo Cap Donation Guidelines:
- Must be new – never worn
- Clean – free of perfume, pet hair and smoke
- Placed individually in clear ziplock style plastic bags
- Soft yarn is best- cotton, acrylic, silk, fleece or a blend is best. Do not use wool or alpaca as they can irritate the scalp.
- We accept baby, children, youth, and adult hats.
- Please use patterns that do not have gaps or large holes. A tighter stitch is best so that it covers the scalp. See our list of free chemo cap patterns.
- Be sure to wash your hands on a regular basis while making the caps.
Scripture Cards (optional)
- Scripture cards are available for download as a PDF file if you would like to tag each item prior to donating. You are welcome to use these cards for donations you make to your local hospitals & cancer centers.
Other Accepted Items:
- Blankets (all sizes)
- Prayer Shawls
- Be creative, we accept any type of gift item to give to a person fighting cancer. For example, a crochet pink ribbon pin to support breast cancer awareness.
- Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!!!
- We accept gift cards to purchase yarn and supplies from the following locations: Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, AC Moore Crafts, Wal-Mart, and JoAnn Fabric.