Chemo Cap Donations:
Mail your item(s) to one of our Official Crochet For Cancer Chapters and we will be sure they are distributed to hospitals and cancer centers.
Chemo Cap Donation Guidelines:
These items are being given freely to people taking treatment for cancer. We ask that you abide by the following when donating your items:
- Must be new – never worn
- Clean – free of perfume, pet hair and smoke
- Placed individually in clear ziplock style plastic bags
- Soft yarn is best- cotton, acrylic, silk, fleece or a blend is best. Do not use wool or alpaca as they can irritate the scalp.
- We accept baby, children, youth, and adult hats.
- Please use patterns that do not have gaps or large holes. A tighter stitch is best so that it covers the scalp. See our list of free chemo cap patterns.
- Be sure to wash your hands on a regular basis while making the caps.
Scripture Cards (optional)
- Scripture cards are available for download as a PDF file if you would like to tag each item prior to donating. You are welcome to use these cards for donations you make to your local hospitals & cancer centers.
Other Accepted Items:
- Blankets (all sizes)
- Prayer Shawls
- Be creative, we accept any type of gift item to give to a person fighting cancer. For example, a crochet pink ribbon pin to support breast cancer awareness.
- Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!!!
- We accept gift cards to purchase yarn and supplies from the following locations: Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, AC Moore Crafts, Wal-Mart, and JoAnn Fabric.